Saturday, June 13, 2009

Rainy Saturday

A good thumping thunderstorm just rolled through...thunder, lightening, water rushing down the sidewalks, the works. We don't get too many of those in Salt Lake so I savor every single one.

Since the clavicle incident I've been catching up on sleep and movies. I've become addicted to Jeopardy! I was taking a snooze when the storm moved in, but the thunder stirred me up and I just couldn't resist getting up to look at it. I wonder how the weather is holding up in Boise? I was supposed to be racing there today but for obvious reasons had to withdraw. A handful of friends are out there on the course, I'm sending them speedy vibes.

I'm disappointed about not being able to race today because my fitness is very good and mentally I was all ready to go. The season was rolling along nicely; a win at the Danskin Tempe Triathlon, 4th place (behind some pretty stellar ladies!) at Memphis in May, and right on schedule with my training. But sometimes life throws you some curve balls and you have to figure out how to catch them and run. There will still be time for a season when this injury heals and I'm sure I'll learn something along the way. (Like being more cautious going over wet RR tracks.)

No comments: