Thursday, May 7, 2009

Salt Lake Marathon Weekend

This update has been a long time coming, but I swear the time has just been flying by! I can't believe it's already been over three weeks since the Salt Lake City Marathon. I have to give first kudos to Albert who cracked the 2:40 barrier for the first time and landed in 8th place with a 2:39:54. Excellent work! The next round of congrats go to my client Shay who knocked 10 minutes off her best time and made her Boston qualifier in the process. I was worried about her because I biked backwards over the course to find her and when I did I figured she was going to miss the time standard by about 10 minutes...BUT it turns out she was still on the Trax at the start of the race and didn't even cross the start line until 10 minutes after! Thank goodness for timing chips. My friend Alex Tomas certainly has some cheers coming his way since he won the half marathon in style with a 1:06 and change...smoking fast! And the England/Kimball clan gets a shout out for completing the half marathon under their goal time and beating Albert by a hair in the process. Very well done. My own race was decent, not a best time but in the ballpark and I ran a smart race. My personal victory is that my first mile was not my fastest mile (despite the downhill) while my final mile was one of the fastest splits. Woohoo! Maybe I'm starting to get the hang of this running gig.

No comments: